Sunday, November 30, 2008

Emily

Today was Emily's first day in Young Women's and I had the privilege of introducing her to all the girls. This is what a proud mother has to say about her daughter:

Today I have the opportunity to introduce you to someone very special to me. This is Emily and she just turned 12. her favorite food is lasagna. Let me tell you a little about Emily. She is in the 6th grade at Enterprise middle school where she is Explorers " student of the month". She is smart and loves to read books. I asked her about how many books she's read and its probably hundreds. Emily loves to sing and is learning to play 3 instruments; The violin, Clarinet & the Piano. She loves the symphony. She is also learning Irish Dancing. She loves to learn new things. She also likes to sew and do arts and crafts. BUT, don't let all that girly stuff fool you. Emily does have a wild side. She loves to play soccer, volleyball, snowboarding and Rock climbing. She loves hockey games, especially when the fights break out (they don't last long enough). One of Emily's most favorite things to do is go motorcycle riding with her dad. As you can see she is very well rounded. The best thing I love about Emily is that she is kind and cares about others. She loves to serve those in need. She loves the gospel and is always there prompting us to start FHE. Emily is ready for Young women's. I am excited to watch her learn more about the gospel and become a valiant Daughter of God. I m excited for her and I thank her for being such a wonder example to me. Emily Barkley.

As I watched Emily get her graduation certificate today I realized that my little girl is growing up and growing up fast. I am excited to see her grow and experience a new phase in her life, Being a Young Woman. I love you Emily, You will always be my little Boo Bear. Mom

1 comment:

Danna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.