Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tis the Season..

To do yard work, fa la la la la, la la la la
Scrub the windows and the tile work, fa la la la la, la la la la.
Now we start our day with gladness, fala la la la la lala la la la la.
No more lawn with yucky brownness
Soon well have the most glorious greeness, fa la la, lalala, la la la.

I once thought we would never have a yard. We rented this thing-a-ma-jigger from West Richland Rentals that tilled the top layer of the dirt, (eating all our dead weeds of course) and smoothed it back out into a wonderful layer of dirt (weeds and grass excluded). It was amazing!! We worked all day Saturday through the rain and into the night. Was soo much fun. The kids and I pulled weeds as Dad used the magic tool. We started to have some showers, ok rain, And wouldn't you know it ~ The kids started singing and dancing in the rain, got very muddy and then insisted to give everyone hugs to eachother, even dad and I. Luckily the washer has a super duty, extra soiled cycle for washing. Unfortunately, the next day neither Mark or I could move. My arms were numb and my body so sore that it hurt to even walk. That will teach me to get out of shape, HA! Its a good thing we have sun for the next week cuz theres more stuff to do. I sense a never ending project coming soon..

1 comment:

Kate the Great said...

Yeah for yard work!!!!

I am desperately waiting for the rain to end so we can mow our new grass for the first time (the old grass is so tall it's gross!). I am excited to have a decent back yard, even, hopefully, if only for a short time.

Enjoy your hard work. I bet it looks great.