Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Daddy turns "24"

I know this is a little late but it was Mark's birthday last week. Yes 24 not 42. With so many things going on and all of us running different directions we opted out for a simple birthday. While I was with Emily at dance and Mark was with MJ at Football practice Angela was at home baking a cake. She went all out and her efforts were 150%. This is a picture of the cake Angela was making, and almost turned out perfectly, till..


The cupcakes fell on the floor.


I got a call and Angie, was in tears. "Can't you just buy a cake?" , she asked. I said, "No, it will be fine. Dad will understand, its the effort that counts and no one will know it fell on the floor except us (lol)". She was very much upset. In the end we all got a good laugh and the cake was moist and yummy. I was actually amazed at how well she did, I know I probablly couldn't make a cake that well. The Colors were almost perfectly matching. What they probablly didn't say in the instructions that there were toothpicks keeping those cupcakes together.

So we had a good time together as a family and went to Tony Romas for dinner.

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

my kids saw that cake in a magazine and wanted me to make it for them and I said no, I was not that ambitious. she rocks!