Monday, December 14, 2009

Lion King

A month or so ago Emily's school (music dept) had announced they were going on a field trip to Spokane to see ~ Disney's Lion King on Broadway. Emily almost didn't bring home the announcement, she thought "oh, mom would never want to go." Its a good thing she brought the slip home, I have always wanted to see Lion King - Broadway. So Emily, Angela and I got all dressed-up and took a little trip to Spokane. We followed the bus so we could have some needed girl time. It was a very nice drive. We ate lunch and went to the theater.
Never in my wildest dreams would I love such a production. It was absoutly amazing. During the opening of the program I was in such awe to the beautiful things that we can do with our voices, our bodies and the talents of those who perform. I looked at the girls and we all had tears in our eyes. Had I known to bring the tissue I would have brought lots. So if you ever get a chance to go, go - even the little ones would sit still.
I love spending time with my girls and am thankful everyday that I was blessed with three. I am excited to spend more time with them before they are off and having their own lives. Time goes so quickly. Love you girls and thanks for letting me be your mom!

No comments: