Monday, January 12, 2009

MJ Basketball Game 1 ~ 14 - 32

MJ is playing Basketball through Richland Parks and Rec. This is his first year playing and dad is helping as assistant coach. MJ's team is made up of mostly 4th & 5th graders. They play 9 different schools within the district and there a total of approximatly 50 teams of K-5 and both boys and girls teams.
Its fun to watch these kids learn to play . We have a very little team. MJ being the tallest. The team we played Saturday was big. Since they play man on man and MJ is the biggest kid on the team they will put him with the biggest kid from the other team to guard. To give you an idea this kid was about 2 times MJ's size and about a foot and a half taller. There were about 3 or 4 large kids on the team. They scored 6 points right off the bat and then MJ got the ball, dribbled it all the way down to the otherend of the court and made a layup. I was amazed. I knew he loved basketball and has takes his ball to school with him almost everyday but I didn't realize how good he has gotten. MJ scored the first 2 points. YEAH MJ!!!!! And then I about lost it watching the rest of the game. The other team kept triple teaming our little guys and, We have a good coach but not as aggressive as I would like and didn't point this out the fact to the refs. Me on the other hand was calling it out left and right. I was about ready to jump over there and take over. I had to remind myself they are learning this isn't school ball.. All in fun. Final score us 14 - them 32.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish we were there to watch a game I LOVE watching baketball (not so good at playing though)

Anonymous said...

Good job to markie! keep practicing!