Thursday, March 5, 2009

Go Candy MT Basketball

Tonight was the Richland Young Women's Basketball tournament. Candy Mountain ward goes onto next week. I have been impressed with Emily's learning curve. At the beginning of the season she was so shy, arms by her side and not moving around much (heck, I would be too if I was the youngest, smallest player out there). I have to tell you a totally different girl was playing tonight. Emily had several rebounds and was aggressive on defense (offense still needs a little work). I am soo impressed with the girls in her ward. The last quarter of the game they made a point to get Emily the ball so she could shoot it. I about cried. As a mom you want you children to be and do their best, you want them to be successful, to be accepted and build confidence. They were giving Emily this chance and they did it as a team. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen, and let me tell you she is soo excited for next weeks game. She said shes going to play better and harder, I love it. Not bad for her first season. Great job Emme!!

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

Now we will have to come out so we can watch emily play! and make it a longer stay this time :) I wish we lived closer :( miss you guys!

Danna said...

You best hurry!! Her last game is Thursday night. Great Idea come early Thursday and stay till Sunday, lol, I wish. Only in my dreams!!