Thursday, April 24, 2008

A proud mommy I am

Yesterday was take your child to work day. Of course Emme and MJ we excited that maybe they could go to work with dad but No kiddies allowed without National Security approval, so OK no problem. I assumed that they would be going to school.

We woke up and Emme was quick to get ready for school but MJ insisted that it was take your child to work day and that he was going to stay home and sleep. I didn't think that was a good idea since they already know what I do and are home with me when I work anyways so we have had lots of take your child to work day's.. He said that he was staying home so I bribed him with a little treat. A donut! Ah I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth. I hate sending the kids to school having sugar in the morning. It makes a terrible day for the teacher.

So anyways, off to Albertsons we go.. They quickly get their donuts and eat them while I pick-up a few items such as the usual bread, milk and shampoo. We get throught the check-out and off to school we go. Half way there Emme yells "MOM, We forgot to pay for our donuts!!" I told her we'll pay for them next time we go. MJ prayed, he thought maybe I would be going to jail. Nope, I'm here and picked them up after school was over. Emme asked, "Mom did you go pay for those donuts?" "Not yet", I said. I took a few dollars from my purse and gave them each a dollar and off to Albertsons we go. After paying for their donuts they both said. I feel much better now. I am so lucky to have my kids be concerned over a $.69 donut they ate. Isn't your

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

Ooh a donut sounds good! Is got to be just heart melting when your children stand up for the things they know to be right and remind you of the standerds you have set in your home!
BTW: Jeffs state meet is in Boise and it is May 23rd-24th. We are renting a SUV with Jason and Lahia and driving over for the weekend PLEASE PLEASE come it would be a big family event! Im not sure what hotel my parents have reserved rooms at but call my dad to get details! And Yes we should make t-shirts!

Danna said...

I am all for the T-Shirts!!