Tuesday, January 29, 2008

S~N~O~W

On saturday it started to rain, the temperature was below freezing and it was raining so hard that it couldn't freeze fast enough. Church was cancelled. Sunday about 4:30am it started to snow, and snow and snow snow snow snow!!!! It just wouldn't stop. It was snowing big fluffy flakes. We love the snow!! The kids had no school anyways on Monday so they got out their snow gear and headed outside. YEAH!! Quite in the house. Roads were bad and it snowed again last night, so today school was cancelled. Kids were outside building snow forts.
Mom and Dad came up to visit mom's Brother in Hermiston on friday night and mom's Aunt and cousins that live in Prosser, about 30 min away, on Saturday. They got to our house just in time for the rain to really start freezing. I 82 was closed Saturday and reopened sunday AM (darn). I was hoping that it would be closed so they could spend time with us. We had fun though. They left about 10:30am Sunday and didn't get home until about 6:00pm I think. What a long drive in bad weather. Was snowy all the way to Portland. I am so thankful they got home ok. I was really worried.

6 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

it's raining here, jealous?

Brydgette said...

hey mom,
it's been snowing for 6 days adn we've had two days been cancelled and one haev a delay. it's weird to have all of this snow!! tell everyone hi for me!!
<3 brydgette

Barkley's said...

House update, pictures? gimme gimme

Brydgette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danna said...

Brydgette, barkleys are The girls aunt and uncle ( marks brother) If we have a post it will be from mrs incredible..

Brydgette said...

Oops!!!! My bad I'm SOOOOOOO sorry! I think that's you guys, because it your last name too!! Tell them I'm sorry!!and that it might happen again , but on accident!!!!