Tuesday, June 10, 2008

E~M~I~L~Y

I can hardly believe it but this school year has gone by so fast. In a blink of an eye it is over. I might say that I am really glad to see it over. I have been driving them to school and back every day, not that I mind but it really takes up alot of time that I would rather be diving them to other places like sports or dance. This next year will be nice because the bus stops exactly in front of our new house, yeah!! I am excited for that.
So, Yesterday Emily has offically completed elementary school. The school had a small completion ceremony with lots of awards given. Emily recieved a Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance as a "Special PE Class Assistance". This is where students get to go and help other students with special needs. The Completion kids all had matching t-shirts for the ceremony and afterwards they got to have cake. It was really cute. It amazes me how fast time goes by. Another year and I will not have anymore little ones anymore. They are all growing up so big and so fast.
Some of Emilys accomplishments this year were big and some were small but I think they are all great; here is a list of a few ~ Emily went to a new school where she had never been before with no friends. She went to a school rollerskating party not knowing anyone and had the biggest smile on her face. She past her WASL with ease and is in the top of the brackets. She is reading at 9th grade level. She knows what her weakest areas are and works harder in them. She took an overnight science adventure to Seattle with the 5th graders in her school all by herself. She is learning Irish dancing and loves it. She has read alot of books this year. She got her ears pierced ~ It seems whatever Emily does, she does well because she tries her hardest. I love her drive and determination, her courage to press forward. She never say's she can not do it beacuse it is too hard, she just finds a way to do it. Emily is growing up into a beautiful young women and I love her so much.

2 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Way to go Emily!!!! I am so glad you are such a smart and accomplished girl!

Barkley's said...

Emily your uncle Jer and I are so proud of you! You are a wonderfully bright girl and I thank you for your example that you set for your cousins and even you siblings. I also know that your determination can help your parents get through there rough times. We love you so much and cannot wait to see you this weekend and give you big big hugs!